BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — Have you ever been able to find your name on a keychain at a gift shop?
A study conducted by Word Finder found that popular names such as Taylor, Blake, Patrick and Laura have been on the decline since the 90s while the name Amelia made a significant increase. Top baby names in 2022 were Olivia and Liam, the study said.
Word Finder collected decades of name data from the Social Security Administration and analyzed American regional and generational trends among baby names.
They also compared the national popularity of names to state popularity to find the rarest female and male names in every state from 2012 to 2022.
The study found that parents in Louisiana chose the names of different places. The most popular girl names were Paris, Journee and Londyn. The most popular boy names were Jude, Karter and Kaden.
- Owl found in Kentucky family’s Christmas tree
- Teen escapee from juvenile facility in custody, BRPD says
- Jewish Democrats won’t back GOP antisemitism resolution
- Judge rips Giuliani lawyer for ex-mayor’s absence at Georgia poll worker pre-trial hearing
- Tuberville releasing hold on hundreds of military promotions