BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – The Louisiana Office of Motor Vehicles can handle a lot of driving-related issues. But you want to make sure you drop by when the OMV is open and that if you need to make an appointment in advance, you’ve done so correctly.
The OMV’s address in Baton Rouge is 7701 Independence Boulevard and it’s open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. (Check here for other offices around Louisiana.) But keep in mind that it closes every weekday from noon until 1 p.m. for a lunch break.
- Monday: 8 a.m. to noon and 1-4 p.m.
- Tuesday: 8 a.m. to noon and 1-4 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8 a.m. to noon and 1-4 p.m.
- Thursday: 8 a.m. to noon and 1-4 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. to noon and 1-4 p.m.
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
How to book an appointment
- Step One: Click here for OMV’s appointment webpage.
- Step Two: On the upper right-hand corner of the webpage, click the gray button that says “Book Appointment.”
- Step Three: A list of OMV locations will appear. Select the location you want.
- Step Four: Review the list of services and choose the one you need.
- Step Five: Choose the date and time that works best for you.
- Step Six: Enter all of the information required and then click the button that says, “Finalize Appointment” at the bottom of the page.
After following each step, be sure to show up on time for your appointment with all of the necessary paperwork.
You don’t need to go to the OMV for every single issue. There are some concerns you can take care of by visiting OMV’s website.
If you need a fairly simple service, then you can just go to OMV’s website, www.expresslane.org, and take care of it online.
Services that can be handled on the site include:
- Driver’s license renewals
- Vehicle registration renewals
- Duplication of DL/ID cards
- Duplications and replacements of vehicle registrations
- LA Wallet needs
- CDL Medical Certificate information
- Cancellation of license plates
Click here for more information about the OMV.