SHREVEPORT, La. (KTAL/KMSS) – Louisiana Republican Senator John Kennedy joined with five other Senators in voting to overturn President-elect Joe Biden’s victory in Arizona.
The objection to the results in Arizona was rejected 93-6 on Wednesday night. Texas Senator Ted Cruz also voted to overturn Biden’s victory.
The Republicans raised the objection based on false claims pushed by President Donald Trump and others of issues with the vote in Arizona, which were repeatedly dismissed in Arizona’s courts and by the state’s election officials.
Louisiana Senator Bill Cassidy voted against objecting to Biden’s Arizona victory.
KTAL reached out to Kennedy’s office for comment regarding his vote, but we’ve not received a response. Earlier Wednesday Kennedy did condemn the rioters that stormed the U.S. Capitol building.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Two Prairieville residents arrested for allegedly setting fire to vacant Port Vincent bar
- AP source: Saints’ Nielsen accepts LSU coordinator job
- Bucs with BA: Arians sets stage for Buccaneers-Packers showdown in NFC Championship
- Sources: President Trump lifting COVID-19 travel restrictions on Europe, UK, Brazil
- Southern University Ag Center invites small business owners to webinar on Paycheck Protection, Economic Injury Disaster Loan Programs