BATON ROUGE, La (BRPROUD) – The Louisiana Department of Health reports 6,116 new COVID-19 cases for the state, with 48 new deaths.
Yet again, the number of hospitalizations reached an all time high, LDH reports 2,421 hospitalizations, surpassing the 2,350 hospitalizations reported on Aug. 5.
Sadly, we also report 48 #COVID deaths, bringing our death toll to 11,162.— Louisiana Department of Health (@LADeptHealth) August 6, 2021
Louisiana COVID-19 Breakdown:
- 6,116 new COVID-19 cases bringing the total to 573,903 since March 2020.
- 48 new deaths bringing the total number of deaths to 11,210
- There are currently 2,421 COVID patients in the hospital
- 277 COVID patients are on ventilators.
- 90% of the cases from July 22 to July 28 are not fully vaccinated.
- 84% of the deaths from July 22 to July 28 are from individuals who are not fully vaccinated.
- 90% of the current COVID hospitalizations are from individuals who are not fully vaccinated.
For more information on Louisiana’s COVID response, visit https://ldh.la.gov/coronavirus