LAFAYETTE, La. (KLFY)- A special education teacher at S. J. Montgomery Elementary School in Lafayette has died from complications related to COVID-19.
The Lafayette Parish Association of Educators, in a social media post, identified the teacher as Michelle Suire.
‘Her light will shine on in the positive influence she has had on her students and loved ones,’ the association said.
News 10 has reached out to Lafayette Parish School System for comment on Suire’s death.
We will provide new information as it becomes available.
- ‘2 weeks of happiness’: Bindi Irwin’s husband shares sweet photos of baby girl
- Watch: Thief on motorcycle rips necklace off woman in middle of crosswalk
- Prosecution’s case against ex-cop in Floyd death nears end
- EBR teachers planning sick-out in response to “Smart Start”
- Cat Haven: Meet Cashew & Deuce; Shelter needs your help