BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD)- The Louisiana Department of Education announced it will award $11 million dollars in federal funding to child care providers.
This money will be granted through the Louisiana Child Care Assistance Provider (LaCAP) relief. The grant allows assistance to child care providers who are facing financial impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
“This global pandemic further illuminates the need for high quality early childhood efforts across our state,” said State Superintendent of Education Dr. Cade Brumley. “While greater funding is needed to close the gaps in access to high-quality child care, these much needed funds will help our centers keep their doors open for the children they are currently serving.”
Assistance is applicable to early learning sites that safely remained open or reopened since the start of the pandemic.
Those who want to apply for the grant can do so here.
The deadline to submit applications is Oct. 22.
- Philadelphia Eagles, Kansas City Chiefs heading to Super Bowl
- Lukeville Elementary School in Brusly closed Monday, Jan. 30
- US population center trending toward South this decade
- Coast guard rescues two fishers after engine detaches from boat
- Mount Zion First Baptist Church celebrates its 165th anniversary