Benefit applications are seven times higher than 12 months ago
NEW ORLEANS, La. (WDSU) – Applications for unemployment benefits in Louisiana declined for a third straight week, but the coronavirus continues to elevate jobless numbers in the state.
New claims filed in Louisiana during the week ending Sept. 12 fell to 15,309, a 37.7% decrease from the previous week but more than seven times higher than the same week 12 months ago.
- Louisiana man crushed when house being raised falls on him
- LPSO arrest man in kidnapping at gunpoint
- Commander’s Cup and Veterans Music and Fun Day to be held in Baton Rouge
- Children sent to Louisiana school after testing positive for COVID-19
- Salt Life co-founder arrested after teen found dead in hotel room