NATCHITOCHES PARISH, La. (BRPROUD) – Tasha D. Cubbit, 37, of Kelly, La. is behind bars facing accusations of horse theft.
The owner of the horse lives in Natchitoches Parish.
Cubbit is accused of not paying for a horse that was purchased from the owner.
LDAF says, “Cubbit allegedly then refused to return the horse as required by law.”
Cubbit is facing this charge:
- One count of theft of livestock
Agriculture and Forestry Commissioner Mike Strain, D.V.M., said, “State law protects owners of livestock from persons not complying with proper payment. When a suspect does not return the livestock he or she does not pay for, it becomes a crime.”
The Natchitoches Parish Sheriff’s Office and Caldwell Parish Sheriff’s Office helped out the Livestock Brand Commission on this case.
- Louisiana superintendents ask for looser quarantine rules
- LDH reports first COVID-19 death in WBR in nearly two months
- Millions stick to Thanksgiving travel plans despite warnings
- Krispy Kreme giving free glazed doughnut dozens to mail carriers, delivery drivers
- VIDEO: Injured hiker taken from Comite River beach via Acadian Air Med