Monroe, La. (KARD/KTVE)— On 08/31/20, at approximately 3:15 p.m., Monroe police were contacted by a man claiming that Demilya Pratt, age 26, of Monroe, had kicked in the front door of his home while he was away and stole $1,000 in cash.
During the incident, Pratt went on Facebook Live, which caused the victim to provide the video footage to police.
On the video, Pratt can be seen admitting to kicking in the door and taking the money from him.
Also on the video, officers witnessed Pratt’s two small children were with her at the time of the incident.
At the time of her arrest, Pratt admitted to the aforementioned information and said that the money was owed to her by the victim.
Pratt was subsequently arrested, handcuffed, and transported to OCC for booking on the charges of Simple Criminal Damage to Property and Simple Burglary.
- Half a million Louisianans voted early ahead of final Presidential debate
- FDA approves Gilead’s antiviral drug remdesivir to treat COVID-19
- High stakes for Trump, Biden heading into final debate
- 26 parishes may increase outdoor sporting event capacity starting Friday
- Senate Judiciary Committee votes to advance Judge Amy Coney Barrett; Democrats boycott