BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — Nonprofit group Louisiana Women Lead is inviting local business-minded women whose political ideologies fall in the center of the spectrum or to the right of center to apply for its spring training ahead of running for political office.
The training will teach women essential aspects of running for office, including informing them about the campaign process, networking, utilizing marketing and social media, public speaking and fundraising, according to the organization.
The training will occur from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, March 27 and Saturday, April 10 in Baton Rouge. Childcare will be provided for the participants.
Training costs $500, and scholarships are available.
Applications close on Friday, Feb. 26, and the accepted applicants will be announced on Monday, March 1.
Click here to apply and to learn more about Louisiana Women Lead.
- Gabby Petito timeline: Remains found in Wyoming fit description of missing 22-year-old
- FEMA deadline extended for critical needs assistance
- Person found dead inside St. Mary Parish evacuee shelter
- Tide Loads of Hope brings Hurricane Ida relief with mobile laundromat service
- Search for missing Florida boy involving New Orleans Coast Guard ends