BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — Nonprofit group Louisiana Women Lead is inviting local business-minded women whose political ideologies fall in the center of the spectrum or to the right of center to apply for its spring training ahead of running for political office.
The training will teach women essential aspects of running for office, including informing them about the campaign process, networking, utilizing marketing and social media, public speaking and fundraising, according to the organization.
The training will occur from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, March 27 and Saturday, April 10 in Baton Rouge. Childcare will be provided for the participants.
Training costs $500, and scholarships are available.
Applications close on Friday, Feb. 26, and the accepted applicants will be announced on Monday, March 1.
Click here to apply and to learn more about Louisiana Women Lead.
- Two Baton Rouge women take on the trash problem
- Tigers post wins over Youngstown State and Nicholls on Saturday
- Saturday Night: Seasonable pattern; Some rainy days
- Child tax credit vs. child care tax credit: Here’s how each could give more money to parents this year
- AP: Louisiana State Police trooper kicked, dragged Black man who died in custody