BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – The Louisiana State Police is remembering a fallen officer on the day of his death.
Senior Trooper Steven J. Vincent died on August 24, 2015 while trying to help a vehicle that was stuck in a ditch.
Vincent was shot on August 23 and passed away at the age of 44.
At the time of the trooper’s death, Vincent “had served for 11 years, 8 months and 16 days,” according to the Louisiana State Police.
- World-renowned opera singer Renée Fleming using music to help those suffering from neurological disorders
- Teen nearly dies after getting syndrome tied to COVID-19
- La. governor: COVID-19 vaccine progress ‘exciting,’ but steps linger
- Thanksgiving Week Has Arrived throughout the Metro. A Look at COVID-19 Restrictions At area hospitals
- Peyton Manning named Pro Football Hall of Fame semifinalist