BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – LSU announced that Wednesday’s classes and activities will be cancelled in light of increasing statewide closures due to Hurricane Laura.
All virtual and remote classes are also cancelled, except for those that are part of the LSU Online Program, which differ from typical LSU courses that were moved online in response to the coronavirus pandemic.
The university’s Rapid COVID-19 Testing Center locations will remain open Wednesday and will operate during their regular hours. For more information about the free, on-campus testing, click here.
LSU employees who are considered essential personnel should check with their supervisors about the status of their workday Wednesday, according to LSU.
The university will continue monitoring weather forecasts and will announce whether or not classes will be cancelled Thursday by around 2 p.m. Wednesday.
- EBR Parish School Board approves Juneteenth recognition across school system
- Ascension Parish council approves of nine month development moratorium
- LSU’s Curry qualifies for the Tokyo Olympics
- I-10 E & I-10 W near the Texas state line may be temporarily closed Friday due to power line repairs
- JuVaughn & Georgia: A mother-son bond leads to a record-setting career