LAKE CHARLES, La. (BRPROUD)- The LSU Baseball team decided it’s their time to give back to Hurricane Laura victims.
The team will travel to Lake Charles on September 13 to host a BBQ relief. Meals from the BBQ will be distributed to Hurricane Laura evacuees and first responders.
LSU Baseball team is partnering up with Operation BBQ Relief, a national nonprofit organization who are providing free hot meals to the Lake Charles community.
The cooking will take place at a Lake Charles Walmart at 3415 Gerstner Memorial Blvd from 9:15 a.m till 1:30 p.m. The event is not open to the public.
The team will be preparing the meals, package and load the food for the distribution partners and take meals into the community.
- Bars can reopen in Iberville Parish, officials say
- Kentucky governor calls for release of Breonna Taylor evidence
- New Orleans Saints release updated injury report with 3 new names
- Tropical Storm Beta leaves mark in Delcambre
- Drew Brees is focused on team success, not his stats through two games