BATON ROUGE, La. (WDSU) — LSU head football coach Ed Orgeron said Tuesday that most of his players have caught COVID-19.
According to Orgeron, he currently has three or four players with the virus while other players are in quarantine.
He said in a digital news conference that, about two weeks ago, all of his players except two or three were out with COVID-19.
Despite the team having caught the virus, Orgeron said he feels confident going into their first game next week.
LSU’s first game is scheduled for next Saturday.
You can listen to the press conference here.
- ‘Twisties’: Skinner to take Biles’ place in vault and uneven bars
- Gov. Edwards ‘seriously considering’ mask mandate as Covid cases increase
- Catholic High’s Emery Jones is staying home
- St. Landry Sheriff’s Office asks public to help identify shirtless vehicle break-in suspect
- Katie Ledecky wins 2nd Tokyo gold in 800m free