BATON ROUGE, La. (WDSU) — LSU head football coach Ed Orgeron said Tuesday that most of his players have caught COVID-19.
According to Orgeron, he currently has three or four players with the virus while other players are in quarantine.
He said in a digital news conference that, about two weeks ago, all of his players except two or three were out with COVID-19.
Despite the team having caught the virus, Orgeron said he feels confident going into their first game next week.
LSU’s first game is scheduled for next Saturday.
You can listen to the press conference here.
- LSU committee to begin search for next president
- Woman accused of elderly neglect, abuse
- Family First: Arc of East Ascension
- ‘Vote for Trump or else’: Oklahoma student describes ‘horrifying’ fake Proud Boys email she received
- Coronavirus vaccine: When will it be ready and will it be safe?