BATON ROUGE, La. (WDSU) — LSU head football coach Ed Orgeron said Tuesday that most of his players have caught COVID-19.
According to Orgeron, he currently has three or four players with the virus while other players are in quarantine.
He said in a digital news conference that, about two weeks ago, all of his players except two or three were out with COVID-19.
Despite the team having caught the virus, Orgeron said he feels confident going into their first game next week.
LSU’s first game is scheduled for next Saturday.
You can listen to the press conference here.
- New Orleans Saints release updated injury report with 3 new names
- Tropical Storm Beta leaves mark in Delcambre
- Drew Brees is focused on team success, not his stats through two games
- Dr. Birx: ‘Louisiana made changes that saved people’s lives’
- President Trump, GOP AGs accuse social media companies of silencing conservatives