BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – LSU is doing well in the classroom.
The U.S. News & World Report’s 2021 edition of Best Colleges backs that up by ranking LSU “in the top tier for “Best National Universities” for the 13th-straight year.”
The new Best Colleges rankings also show that LSU is really good in these areas:
- Ranked 36th among flagship universities nationwide
- Highest ranked public university in Louisiana, and in the SEC
- Undergraduate petroleum engineering program ranks 2nd overall
- Best Colleges for Veterans
- Best Value Schools
- Top Performers on Social Mobility and “A-Plus Schools for B Students” lists
“It’s an honor to be consistently recognized among Tier 1 universities nationwide and as the leading public university in Louisiana by U.S. News & World Report, especially in a year when so many higher education institutions are really struggling due to the pandemic. However, rankings such as these are not how we measure our success,” said LSU Interim President Thomas C. Galligan Jr. “Instead, our success at LSU is measured by our students’ success, our faculty’s achievements, and the positive impact our research has in our community, state, nation, and world—and by that measure, I have no doubt that our great university is among the very best anywhere.”
Compiling the the U.S. News & World Report’s 2021 edition of Best Colleges involved looking at 17 measures of academic quality.
- Kitchen Conversations: De’Voured Catering
- New Ring security drone will fly around inside your home
- Stimulus check update: Democrats prepare $2.4T virus relief measure
- Unrest continues for the second night following Breonna Taylor announcement
- Kitchen Conversations: Chef Amanda Schonberg