BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – Kevin Faulk has many accolades under his belt including being the leading rusher in LSU history.
Faulk may soon be able to add being in the College Football Hall of Fame to the list.
The former LSU running back is one of 78 players on the 2021 College Football Hall of Fame ballot.
- Some of Faulk’s current accolades include:
- Member of the Louisiana Sports of Hall of Fame
- Member of LSU Athletic Hall of Fame
- Member of New England Patriots Hall of Fame
- Earned first team Associated Press All-America honors as an all-purpose back in 1996.
- Won three Super Bowl titles with the New England Patriots
- Holder of 10 current LSU records
Faulk is the current running backs coach for LSU.
If elected to the College Football Hall of Fame, Faulk would join this distinguished list of former LSU greats in the hall:
- Gus Tinsley
- Ken Kavanaugh Sr.
- Abe Mickal
- Doc Fenton
- Tommy Casanova
- Billy Cannon
- Jerry Stovall
- Charles Alexander
- Bert Jones
- Glenn Dorsey
“It’s an enormous honor to just be on the College Football Hall of Fame ballot considering more than 5.4 million people have played college football and only 1,027 players have been inducted,” said NFF President & CEO Steve Hatchell. “The Hall’s requirement of being a First-Team All-American creates a much smaller pool of about 1,500 individuals who are even eligible. Being in today’s elite group means an individual is truly among the greatest to have ever played the game, and we look forward to announcing the 2021 College Football Hall of Fame Class Presented by ETT early next year.”