BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – On Monday afternoon, LSU’s Baton Rouge campus was affected by a widespread computer problem that left many users with sporadic connectivity.
Services were restored by Monday evening, and on Tuesday the university’s Information Technology Services department issued a statement, which is available to read below.
We know you have questions and concerns about why our Internet connection has not been working properly for the past 24 hours. While we continue to investigate this fully, we want to provide you with the facts:
- There is no evidence at this time to indicate this was a cybersecurity/ransomware incident. This was an Internet connectivity issue.
- There is no evidence at this time that anyone’s personal information has been breached or exposed.
- It is perfectly safe to log into myLSU, Moodle, or any other part of the LSU network.
- We have identified the problem and are fully investigating it.
- Except for a brief outage this morning, our Internet connectivity has been stable today. We anticipate that it will continue to be stable, but if anything changes, we will keep you posted.
To reiterate, we have no evidence to indicate this was a cybersecurity/ransomware incident.LSU Information Technology Services
Click here for more on LSU ITS.