PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — A man has been arrested after allegedly leaving his dog inside a car while he was shopping inside Walmart during a time when the temperature was 91 degrees with a heat index of 101 degrees outside.
Bryan Brown is charged with animal cruelty.
Deputies responded to the Walmart on Mobile Highway Sunday afternoon and found a green GMC Yukon with three of its four windows cracked. The dog was found in the floor board behind the drivers seat and was heavily panting, according to the Escambia County Sheriff’s Office.
The deputy was able to squeeze an arm through a window to unlock the door and remove the dog. A few minutes later, Brown came out and said he had only been inside the store for 10 minutes. Cameras showed he had been inside for at least 45 minutes.
Animal control arrived and took the dog’s temperature which was 102.5 then they took possession of the dog, according to the arrest report.
- Don’t fall for these mistakes when betting the Super Bowl
- Migrant advocates angered after federal judge blocks Biden’s deportation moratorium
- AIR 42 drone footage of Fultondale neighborhood shows tornado’s devastating aftermath
- Authorities: 3 employees charged with felony theft of $76K from Shreveport grocery store
- Chicago man charged after allegedly selling stimulus checks stolen with help of postal worker