GONZALES, La. (BRPROUD) – 22-year-old Jonathan Landry is behind bars after an altercation that ended up with shots fired on Wednesday night.
Around 5 p.m., the Ascension Parish Sheriff’s Office received a call about shots fired at a home on Thurston McCrory Rd.
Upon arrival, deputies found Landry’s father and the family dog had sustained gunshot wounds during an altercation.
According to the Ascension Parish Sheriff’s Office, the altercation stems from “the son stealing guns from a locked compartment in the residence.”
The father was taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, according to the Ascension Parish Sheriff’s Office.
The family dog is fine and Landry is in the Ascension Parish Jail facing these charges:
- Second-degree murder
- Cruelty to animals
- ‘If it wasn’t my job I would have done that for free’: Officer after surviving Capitol mob assault
- Hot Pockets recalled because they may contain pieces of plastic, glass
- Mom says she’s been waiting six months for taste, smell to return after COVID. She’s not alone
- If you received unemployment benefits you could owe taxes
- House fire in Baton Rouge caused by laundry malfunction