ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) — Police said they arrested a man Saturday for handing out marijuana “because it was Christmas.”
The Pinellas County arrest report says Richard Ellis Spurrier, 67, was confronted by police Saturday around 11 p.m. at 16 2nd St. N. in St. Pete.
Officers said Spurrier had 45 grams of marijuana on him and was handing it out to people as they passed by.
In an interview with police, Spurrier reportedly told them he was handing out the weed “because it was Christmas.”
Spurrier was charged with possession of marijuana with intent to sell.
- Ex-US Olympics gymnastics coach with ties to Nassar dies by suicide following human trafficking, sexual assault charges
- Louisiana deadline for online registration for March 20 election
- SOURCES: Olympic gymnastics coach John Geddert dies by suicide following human trafficking, sexual assault charges
- Costco lifts minimum wage above Amazon or Target to $16 per hour
- LSU gets conference makeup game at Missouri