DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – An 18-year-old Durham murder suspect on the run for a week was captured in Louisiana, police confirmed Monday.
Bryan Jose Guzman is charged with killing 19-year-old Marlene Yamileth Portillo-Posada at an apartment complex in the 2900 block of Chapel Hill Road in Durham.
Her body was found on August 25 in the woods in the 6400 block of N.C. 751 in Chatham County.
On August 30, Durham police asked for the public’s help with locating Guzman, saying he was likely driving a yellow 2006 Nissan Sentra with a black bumper and N.C. license PHP-4819.
Guzman was arrested in Louisiana Sunday night, Durham police said.
No other information was immediately available.
- WATCH: Nursing homes allow in-person visitations after nearly 6 months of isolation
- Deadline to fill out 2020 census is next week: Have you been counted?
- President Trump expected to announce Supreme Court Justice pick Saturday
- CDC takes back guidance, says COVID-19 is not airborne
- Mnuchin and Powell urge support for unemployment relief and small business loans