BILOXI, Miss. (WKRG) — There is a new record for Mississippi anglers to be jealous of, Yellowfin Tuna.
Michael McElroy III of Hattiesburg caught a Tuna weighing in at 236 pounds, 9.6 ounces. The report from the Commission of Marine Resources says McElroy used conventional tackle.
The previous record was set in 2001 by Robert Landingham with a fish weighing 205 pounds, 12.8 ounces.
- President Trump pushes state, local leaders to reopen schools in fall
- Louisiana man with multiple felonies sentenced to federal prison
- Mary Kay Letourneau, teacher jailed for raping student, dies
- Two-time world champion snowboarder Alex Pullin dies in spearfishing accident
- Chief Justice John Roberts was hospitalized overnight in June after a fall