ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) — A 58-year-old man was struck and killed by a hit-and-run driver early Friday morning after he reportedly walked into the street and sat down.
The St. Petersburg Police Department said the incident happened just after midnight Friday morning. Police said a driver of a white Nissan Altima struck the man and drove away.
The pedestrian died from his injuries.
The police department is searching for the driver of the sedan. Officers said the car should have left front damage and a missing left front fog light bezel.
- NOPD investigating stabbing and shooting at same location, on Thanksgiving morning
- ‘Mardi Gras in May’ — Jefferson Parish Council will consider letting parades roll on Memorial Day
- A Bayou Classic Story: The Superwomen of the Human Jukebox
- Representative Danny McCormick responds to Louisiana going back to Phase 2
- WATCH: Man throws Thanksgiving turkey into swimming pool to defrost