PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — A man was arrested for attempted murder and arson after he placed flaming Molotov cocktails (flaming plastic bottles with lighter fluid inside) at the door of a trailer Thursday.
The incident occurred at a trailer park at 1499 22nd St. N. around 8:45 p.m.
Police said Bertram Mann, 43, was seen placing a Molotov cocktail inside the door of a trailer with two witnesses inside. When they made their escape, one of the witnesses told police he saw a trailer just south of theirs already engulfed in flames.
When one of the witnesses approached Mann to ask what he was doing, he said Mann attacked him with a hatchet. Police said Mann struck the him repeatedly in the back and chest, which required immediate medical attention.
Mann was arrested for attempted murder and arson in the first degree.
No other details were released.
- Woman accused of elderly neglect, abuse
- Family First: Arc of East Ascension
- ‘Vote for Trump or else’: Oklahoma student describes ‘horrifying’ fake Proud Boys email she received
- Coronavirus vaccine: When will it be ready and will it be safe?
- Saints set to face off against former players & staff vs. Panthers