TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — UPDATE (11/23): The Tuscaloosa Police Department has announced that Terrance Westbrook has been arrested in Marengo County.
He is not in the process of being returned back to Tuscaloosa where he is charged with first-degree rape and first-degree kisnapping.
No other information has been released at this time.
ORIGINAL (11/23): The Tuscaloosa Police Department is searching for a suspect in a rape and kidnapping case that occurred last week.
According to TPD, 23-year-old Terrance Westbrook is wanted for allegedly raping and kidnapping a 19-year-old on Nov. 17.
The victim alleges Westbrook assaulted her over the course of several hours after a verbal argument escalated as the two drove in his car.
Later on, Westbrook allegedly put the victim into his trunk while he picked up another woman from work and gave her a ride home. Westbrook then drove to a residence in Thomasville where someone then gave the victim a ride to Greensboro.
Westbrook is described as being 5-foot-9 and weighing 150 pounds. He drives a Mercury Grand Marquis and could be in the areas of Tuscaloosa, Choctaw, Marengo or Clarke counties.
If you have information on Westbrook’s whereabouts, contact TPD at 205-464-8690 or 205-349-2121.
- LSU Rallies For Fourth Straight Win, 85-80, Over South Carolina
- Saturday Night: Cold tonight; Warming Trend
- Police arrest man trying to enter D.C. security checkpoint with loaded gun, fake inauguration credentials
- LSU Goes For Hoops Win Vs. South Carolina Saturday Night
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration