WALKER COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency is investigating a deputy-involved shooting on I-22 Wednesday night.
According to the Walker County Sheriff’s Office, an individual was wanted on several felonies and fled from law enforcement on I-22. The suspect’s vehicle then got stuck in mud which gave authorities the chance to apprehend him.
During the man’s arrest, however, there was a struggle for a sheriff’s deputy’s gun and the individual was shot in the hand.
No other information has been released at this time. Stay with CBS 42 as this is an ongoing story.
- WATCH: Nursing homes allow in-person visitations after nearly 6 months of isolation
- Deadline to fill out 2020 census is next week: Have you been counted?
- President Trump expected to announce Supreme Court Justice pick Saturday
- CDC takes back guidance, says COVID-19 is not airborne
- Mnuchin and Powell urge support for unemployment relief and small business loans