WALKER COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency is investigating a deputy-involved shooting on I-22 Wednesday night.
According to the Walker County Sheriff’s Office, an individual was wanted on several felonies and fled from law enforcement on I-22. The suspect’s vehicle then got stuck in mud which gave authorities the chance to apprehend him.
During the man’s arrest, however, there was a struggle for a sheriff’s deputy’s gun and the individual was shot in the hand.
No other information has been released at this time. Stay with CBS 42 as this is an ongoing story.
- City of Gonzales names PACE Center for Price LeBlanc
- Louisiana Industrial Hemp Program regulations finalized
- $11,000 in rewards for leads to whooping crane killers
- Little League World Series Champs, East Bank All Stars to be in Krewe of Bacchus Parade
- Salvation Army recycles, resells Mardi Gras beads