OUACHITA PARISH, La. (KTVE/KARD) — A West Monroe man who escaped from a work release program has been captured.
According to arrest reports, 28-year-old Brandon Berkley allegedly escaped from a Ouachita Parish Work Release program before going to his girlfriend’s home. Deputies say that Berkley broke into that home and struck the girlfriend several times in the head and face.
Berkley was arrested and taken to the Ouachita Correctional Center. He has been charged with the following:
- Simple Escape
- Simple Burglary
- Home Invasion
- Domestic Abuse Battery
- Domestic Abuse Battery Strangulation
- Shooting leaves one dead, two injured on Baton Rouge home’s front porch
- Two adults, two children transported to hospital after Greenwell Springs Road shooting
- LDH confirms 3,180 total deaths due to COVID-19, 65,226 confirmed cases
- Louisiana man dies in single-vehicle crash on La. 29
- Louisiana priest tests positive for COVID-19, Masses will be live online