TERREBONNE PARISH, La. (WDSU) — A mandatory curfew will be enforced in portions of Terrebonne Parish beginning Tuesday night.
Sheriff Tim Soignet said a mandatory curfew will be in effect in areas of the parish south of the Morganza to the Gulf levee system.
The curfew will begin at 10 p.m. Tuesday and will be in effect until Wednesday at 6 a.m.
Hurricane Laura is expected to strengthen into a major hurricane before it reaches the northwest Gulf coast on Wednesday night.
Hurricane and Storm Surge Warnings have been issued for portions of the Upper Texas and Louisiana coastlines.
- Newsfeed Now: US will miss July 4 vaccination goal; Board crashes through car windshield on turnpike
- Frontier Airlines adds ‘COVID Recovery Charge’ to ticket price. Here’s what it covers
- 1970 Porsche 917k used in Steve McQueen’s ‘Le Mans’ heading to auction
- Warren Buffett resigns as trustee of Gates Foundation
- Krispy Kreme offers 1-day treat to enjoy during ‘Strawberry’ supermoon