BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — “Market of the Mill” will return to New Roads this weekend for the 10th time, giving locals a chance to browse eclectic items from pottery to antiques at the historic Cottonseed Oil Mill, located at 311 Mill St.
Spanning 82,000 square feet, the mill will host a variety of vendors selling handmade jewelry, woodworking items, clothing, antiques, outdoor plants and food, among other items.
The market will be open Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
“We hope to give shoppers a sense of normalcy while remaining safe,” New Roads Mayor Cornell Dukes said. “We will make this a safe experience as we continue to adhere to the COVID-19 guidelines. This includes mandated masks and social distancing.”
Dukes said he hopes the event will have a positive financial impact for the vendors and the community.
- Southeastern forces four turnovers, Lions win River Bell Classic
- Tigers Clinch Series Against Kentucky, 8-6
- APSO asking for public’s help locating convicted felon
- K9 cadaver dog alerts “twice in the same area on the river,” search for missing LSU student to begin again on Sunday morning
- Trump in 2024? He says only that ‘a Republican’ will win