BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center pitched in to help those in need this holiday season by distributing 130 boxes of holiday food on Friday.
The Cancer Center received donations from its employee giving program, Partners of Hope, which identified patients in need. Those patients received food items such as turkey, canned goods, fresh fruit and vegetables, according to spokesperson Scott J. Miller.
“Thanks to the generosity of team members through gifts to Partners of Hope, we banded together across all Mary Bird Perkins’ locations this holiday season to address food insecurity and provide patients with a special holiday meal,” Cancer Center Vice President and Chief Development Officer Danielle Mack said. “To see our team go above and beyond every day to fulfill our mission to improve survivorship and lessen the burden of cancer in so many ways is both humbling and inspiring.”
- LSU comments on ongoing search for missing student
- Lawsuit: Police officers threatened second lieutenant in the U.S. Army during traffic stop
- Beyond the Badge holds fundraiser in West Baton Rouge
- Stimulus checks: Missing a payment? File an IRS trace to track it down
- Dr. Pepper releases 3 flavors of zero sugar soda