LAPLACE, La. — St. John the Baptist Sheriff’s Office is investigating a mass shooting event that left six people injured last night during a 12-year-old child’s birthday party in LaPlace, La.
At approximately 8:30 p.m., SJSO officers responded to the 600 block of Golfview Drive in reference to shots fired in the area.
Upon arrival, officers learned multiple people were shot when verbal confrontations during a child’s birthday party led to gunfire.
As of this Sunday morning, the SJSO is not aware of any fatalities related to the incident.
No one has been arrested at this time.
More information will be announced as it becomes available.
- Softball Faces Auburn in SEC Regular Season Finale
- NASA to launch rocket Friday night for research mission
- Thursday Night: Clear & quiet tonight; Nice & sunny to start Mother’s Day weekend
- Baton Rouge Fire Department: Landwood Drive fire destroys home, displaces 6
- Ft. Jackson Army trainee in custody after allegedly hijacking school bus full of children