BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD)- Mayor Sharon Weston Broome shared her thoughts on reopening the state with Phase 3.
“Right now we are closely monitoring any resurgence of the coronavirus in East Baton Rouge Parish as it relates to the recent Labor Day holiday. We are also keeping a close eye on the number of new cases, hospital capacity and positivity rate among those getting tested,” said Broome.
The mayor has ordered a mask mandate in East Baton Rouge Parish for Phase 3 of reopening.
“At this point, it is critical we wear face coverings, avoid crowds, and avoid gathering with people outside of our household or core support group. I am calling on our residents to double down on our efforts to protect our health and economy,” said Broome.
- Families left homeless outside Laura’s disaster zones struggle to find aid
- ACLU of Louisiana files brief supporting refugee facing anti-LGBTQ violence in Ghana
- Second annual “Ultimate Tailgate” doubles as pop-up shop for local businesses
- Dr. Fauci: U.S. still in the first wave, seasonal ‘challenge’ lies ahead
- New Orleans restaurants can once again serve alcoholic beverages through drive-thru, takeout and curbside pickup