BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – A 61-year-old man died after sustaining gunshot wounds in the Trader Joe’s parking lot on Saturday.
Mayor-President Sharon Weston Broome released this statement on Tuesday:
I am very concerned about the incident that occurred this past weekend outside of a local business, and I am still gathering information from the public and law enforcement. The situation is still under investigation and I have spoken with Chief Murphy Paul and asked him to conduct a fair and transparent review of what happened. I appreciate the citizens who have come forward with information thus far, and welcome any other information citizens might have. Every citizen deserves to be treated justly, and I promise to the residents of East Baton Rouge Parish that this investigation will be conducted fairly.
Trader Joe’s is located at 3535 Perkins Rd.
- Newsfeed Now: US will miss July 4 vaccination goal; Board crashes through car windshield on turnpike
- Frontier Airlines adds ‘COVID Recovery Charge’ to ticket price. Here’s what it covers
- 1970 Porsche 917k used in Steve McQueen’s ‘Le Mans’ heading to auction
- Warren Buffett resigns as trustee of Gates Foundation
- Krispy Kreme offers 1-day treat to enjoy during ‘Strawberry’ supermoon