CARBON HILL, Ala. (WIAT) — The mayor of Carbon Hill, Ala. Mark Chambers has turned in a letter of resignation Saturday.
Saturday Chambers made a Facebook post stating he no longer will support Alabama football and Saban. This does not come long after Alabama football made a social media post in support of the Black Lives Matter movement.
Carbon Hill city officials say he turned in his letter of resignation. Greg Andrews is Mayor Pro Tem. He will assume the seat, however, if he does not wish to assume the mayoral role, the city council can appoint anyone to the seat.
There is a special called meeting Wednesday, July 1.
- ‘Twisties’: Skinner to take Biles’ place in vault and uneven bars
- Gov. Edwards ‘seriously considering’ mask mandate as Covid cases increase
- Catholic High’s Emery Jones is staying home
- St. Landry Sheriff’s Office asks public to help identify shirtless vehicle break-in suspect
- Katie Ledecky wins 2nd Tokyo gold in 800m free