NEW YORK (AP) — (1/4/20) Mercedes-Benz is recalling roughly 750,000 cars because the vehicles’ sunroofs could potentially detach and fly off, causing road hazards.
The cars include the Mercedes-Benz’s C-Class, E-Class, CLK-Class and the CLS-Class, made between 2001 and 2011. All four vehicles came with an optional sunroof, and the bonding material on those sunroofs can deteriorate, resulting in the sunroof detaching from the car, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Affected owners will be contacted by Mercedes on or after February 14, and the sunroofs will be inspected and replaced if necessary, free of charge.
- Montana guide dies after grizzly mauling near Yellowstone
- Sheriff: NFL defensive end wanted for battery in Louisiana
- Local shelter offering adoptions on National Adopt A Shelter Pet Day
- EBR Parish approaching 50 homicides in 2021, far outpacing last year’s record number
- Shang-Chi trailer: Marvel universe teases first Asian superhero film