NEW ORLEANS, La. (WDSU) — Cases of an inflammatory disease in children with COVID-19 are rising in Louisiana.
MIS-C is a potentially fatal sickness thought to be associated with the virus. It usually strikes children.
The sickness causes inflammation in several major organs including the heart.
The number of MIS-C cases has gone up by five each of the last two weeks, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
LDH’s website has MIS-C cases in the state at 81 with four deaths attributed to it.
- Covid-19 numbers “stable,” Gov. Edwards reminds Louisiana not to get complacent on mitigation measures
- Traffic project to widen I-10 almost complete, DOTD says
- Injustice Club raises concerns from parents in Central
- Week 7 best bets: Ride with Saints, Bucs to win
- Indirect effects of COVID increase as Baton Rouge levels case numbers