BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – Davante Johnson, 25, was arrested at the conclusion of a multi-agency investigation into the dealing of fentanyl and heroin.
Investigators received a tip about Johnson possibly “distributing fentanyl in and around Baton Rouge,” according to the East Baton Rouge Sheriff’s Office.
That tip led investigators to attain search warrants for two locations, one in East Baton Rouge Parish and the other in Ascension Parish.
With search warrants in hand, investigators searched a location on Red Oak Dr. as well as one on Airline Hwy.
The searches ended with the seizure of these items listed below:
- 14 ounces of Fentanyl (approximate street value $31,500)
- 2 ounces of Heroin (approximate street value $4,000)
- Blender and cutting agent
- Glock M 43 9mm handgun (reported stolen through BRPD)
- Glock M 43 9mm handgun
- Glock M17 9mm handgun
- Glock M27 40 caliber handgun
- Taurus 9mm handgun
- $2,841 (pending seizure)
Johnson was charged with PWITD Sch. II (Fentanyl), PWITD Sch. I (Heroin), Poss. of a Firearm with CDS, Poss. of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon and Poss. of Drug Paraphernalia.
These organizations provided help during this investigation:
- EBRSO K9 (Interdiction)
- DEA Baton Rouge Task Force
- National Guard Air Support
- Ascension Parish Sheriff’s Office
- Gonzales Police Department
This arrest comes after a drug bust last month led to the arrest of eight people.