BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD)- The Louisiana National Guard began their preparations for Hurricane Laura.
The National Guard has more than 3,000 members to help those in need during the severe weather.
The members will provide assistance with high-water vehicle and boat evacuations, boat and air search and rescue operations, logistical support, engineering support, levee inspection/security and placement of liaison officer teams assisting parish emergency operations centers, according to The National Guard.
Water and MREs will be distributed as needed.
The latest on Hurricane Laura can be found here.
- Police video shows officer using stun gun on handcuffed man in Port Allen
- VIDEO: Dog requires urgent surgery after grooming appointment
- Edwards opposes bill to do away with concealed carry permit
- Friday Morning: Strong to severe storms possible late Friday – early Saturday; Much nicer on Sunday
- EBRSO responds to shots fired on Plank Rd.