NEW ORLEANS—Morpheus was the Greek God of dreams. It is also the name of New Orleans’ most admired organization: the Krewe of Morpheus.
Back in 2000, a co-ed group of Mardi Gras goers were dreaming of riding in their own parade as they looked at the floats pass by.
In 2002, that same group made that dream a reality and the first Morpheus parade rolled in New Orleans.
21 years after it’s inception, Morpheus has over 800 members, 24 floats and always rolls on the Friday before Mardi Gras.
- Woman arrested in connection to 15-year-old Quawan Charles’ death could be released from jail this week
- Rapper wanted by U.S. Marshal detained in St. Martin Parish
- Coach O says LSU NEEDS this Spring Game
- Department of Education questions on COVID relief fund allocation
- Tuesday Night: Multiple rounds of heavy rain; Flash Flood Watch until Thursday