BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — A Geismar man died Friday morning after his motorcycle collided with a pick-up truck on LA Hwy 3089 in Donaldsonville.
According to Louisiana State Police, the crash happened around 5 a.m. when 26-year-old Ryan Andrade was driving a 2019 Kawasaki motorcycle at high rate of speed. He was traveling westbound when, for reasons still under investigation, a pick-up truck failed to properly yield and entered the westbound lane in Andrade’s path, according to LSP.
The motorcycle struck the pick-up truck’s passenger side door.
Andrade was wearing a DOT-approved helmet but still died at the scene, according to LSP.
The 21-year-old driver of the pick-up truck was properly restrained and was not injured.
Toxicology samples were obtained from both drivers for analysis. The investigation is ongoing, and charges may be pending, according to LSP.
- Morgan City man arrested for multiple drug and gun law violations during traffic stop
- 4 jailed after deputies find fake inspection stickers, license tags inside Shreveport hotel room
- Over 600 bodies found at Indigenous school in Canada, group says
- Rally calls on Dems to break filibuster, push through agenda
- Capital Area United Way to honor community members in annual Celebrate the Power of Women awards