JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (WFLA) — Three officers with the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office were hospitalized over the weekend while trying to protect a deer from getting hit on the highway.
JSO said a driver failed to move over and struck the patrol cars, which were trying to block traffic to protect a deer in the roadway.
“The MOVE OVER law means just that — MOVE OVER for stopped law enforcement, emergency, sanitation, utility service vehicles, and tow trucks/wreckers,” the agency tweeted. “If you cannot safely MOVE OVER, slow to 20mph below the posted speed limit.”
JSO said three officers were transported to local hospitals after the crash. Unfortunately the deer appeared to have died.
- Confessed killer arrested after slaying ex-wife in Roseland
- Biden administration to deliver 25M masks to vulnerable Americans, increase vaccine shipments to states
- GOP lawmakers: Schools can reopen with no additional funds from Congress
- Moore Park shooting suspect indicted on murder charges
- Congress mulls ways to save USPS from financial ruin