JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (WFLA) — Three officers with the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office were hospitalized over the weekend while trying to protect a deer from getting hit on the highway.
JSO said a driver failed to move over and struck the patrol cars, which were trying to block traffic to protect a deer in the roadway.
“The MOVE OVER law means just that — MOVE OVER for stopped law enforcement, emergency, sanitation, utility service vehicles, and tow trucks/wreckers,” the agency tweeted. “If you cannot safely MOVE OVER, slow to 20mph below the posted speed limit.”
JSO said three officers were transported to local hospitals after the crash. Unfortunately the deer appeared to have died.
- Petition calling for Tokyo Olympics to be canceled amid pandemic gathers 350,000 signatures
- Video of officers punching man during arrest prompts investigation
- DENNIS THE MENACE: Police officers rescue dog from lake
- Chick-fil-A to debut delivery-only service offering chicken wings alongside ‘classic’ menu items
- Family frustrated after they say a teacher’s discipline crossed the line