Monroe, La. (KTVE/KARD) (11/25/20)— On 11/24/20, investigators with the Monroe Police were notified by the Caldwell Parish Sheriffs regarding information they received on the whereabouts of Deon O. Thompson, the suspect wanted in connection with the November 19, 2020 homicide that occurred in Caldwell Parish.
Officers with the Monroe Police, the Caldwell Parish Sheriff’s Office, and the Ouachita Parish Sheriff’s Office responded to Peach St. in Monroe.
As a result of the joint efforts of these agencies, Thompson was located and taken into custody without incident.
Thompson was booked at the Ouachita Correctional Center as a Fugitive from Justice and is awaiting extradition to Caldwell Parish for the charge of 2nd Degree Murder.
- LSU Rallies For Fourth Straight Win, 85-80, Over South Carolina
- Saturday Night: Cold tonight; Warming Trend
- Police arrest man trying to enter D.C. security checkpoint with loaded gun, fake inauguration credentials
- LSU Goes For Hoops Win Vs. South Carolina Saturday Night
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration