OCEAN SPRINGS, Miss. (BRPROUD) – The Coast Guard is looking into a diesel spill in the vicinity of Ocean Springs, Mississippi.
Reports came in on Sunday around 4:30 p.m. about “a possibly abandoned and partially sunken vessel in Fort Bayou leaking diesel fuel,” according to the Coast Guard.
Cleanup of the diesel spill includes:
- Two Coast Guard pollution responders
- 100 feet of boom around the vessel
E3 Environmental is being contracted to help with the cleanup that “spans approximately 300 feet up and down the bayou,” according to the Coast Guard.
The vessel in question is a 40-foot yacht and authorities do not know how much fuel was onboard when the leak started.
Investigators are still working to determine what caused the diesel spill.
- No WiFi at home? One Virginia school district has a creative solution for students
- Science kits allow kids to experiment from home
- A Utah school was already online-only. Here’s what lessons it has for others
- Portsmouth schools use paced learning to adapt to different progress levels due to pandemic
- An Oregon school district’s unique approaches to keeping students fed