BATON ROUGE, La (BRPROUD) —-Since the outbreak of COVID-19, the number of domestic violence cases in East Baton Rouge Parish have increased.
Tuesday kicked off the grand opening of the Capital Area Family Violence Center.
The new center provides an umbrella of resources to domestic violence victims.
The public was invited to an open house at the new location on Government St.
The Capital Area Family Violence Center will provide various services for survivors of domestic violence to curb the rising rates which the East Baton Rouge District Attorney’s Office says are tied to several violent crimes in the area.
The center is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- US Supreme Court rejects petition from Louisiana pastor facing charges for violation of Covid-19 restrictions
- EBRCOA to allow essential workers to return, resume drive-thru lunch service Monday
- Bureau of Land Management confirms Utah ‘monolith’ was removed, say visitors left behind human waste
- Police investigating body found near Scenic Hwy. as homicide
- Public visitation for Ruffino’s founder scheduled for Tuesday