NEW ORLEANS, La. (WGNO) – National Hurricane Center Director Ken Graham has the latest on Hurricane Delta as the storm approaches landfall in west Louisiana.
Delta remains a large, powerful Category 3 hurricane with max winds of 120 mph. Residents are advised to finish last minute preparations along the southwest Louisiana coast, as conditions will begin deteriorating later this morning.
Hurricane force winds extend 40 miles from the center while tropical storm force winds extend outward over 160 miles from the center.
Stay tuned to WGNO for continuous coverage of Hurricane Delta.
- Louisiana performing better than other Southern states when it comes to Covid-19
- Armed robber killed during home invasion, BRPD says
- Senate Republicans introduce amendment to prevent ‘packing’ of Supreme Court
- Baby found burned, abandoned in Connecticut dumpster released from hospital
- DOJ announces national police training center to help reduce excessive force