NEW ORLEANS, La. (WDSU) — Newly obtained documents by WDSU show that a now-suspended New Orleans Police officer drove a 15-year-old girl to the hospital for a sexual assault exam and afterward assaulted her himself.
According to a court filing, 13-year police veteran Rodney Vicknair responded to a sexual assault investigation last Tuesday.
The report says that Vicknair drove the girl to the hospital for the exam and formed a relationship with her that became inappropriate.
The next day Vicknair arrived at the girl’s home and called her to his truck where he inappropriately touched her and asked her to have sex, according to the report.
The report also alleges that Vicknair asked for inappropriate pictures.
Vicknair faces charges of sexual assault, indecent behavior with a juvenile and malfeasance in office.
- Covid-19 numbers “stable,” Gov. Edwards reminds Louisiana not to get complacent on mitigation measures
- Traffic project to widen I-10 almost complete, DOTD says
- Injustice Club raises concerns from parents in Central
- Week 7 best bets: Ride with Saints, Bucs to win
- Indirect effects of COVID increase as Baton Rouge levels case numbers