The state that created the Cajun spinoff of The Night Before Christmas ranks No. 39 nationally for Christmas spirit, a GetCenturyLink study reveals.
Louisiana ranks better than other southern states like Texas and Florida but falls far behind No. 5 Alabama and No. 1 Tennessee.
GetCenturyLink’s data analysis team used online data paired with area cultures to determine the rankings.
The team ranked Christmas spirit by calculating the weighted average for each state across the following metrics:
- Google searches for Christmas movies and gingerbread houses
- Google shopping trends for wrapping paper, Christmas cards, Christmas ornaments and “elf on a shelf”
- Number of Christmas songs streamed
- Number of tweets related to Christmas
- Number of Christmas tree farms per capita
- Amount of charitable donations
For more information about the study, click here.