BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — In the latest update from the National Weather Service, they have confirmed at least 15 tornadoes in Central Alabama on Easter Sunday.
Among the damaged areas, this includes tornadoes that touched down near Sardis City and moved into Boaz, Ala. NWS is still finalizing the data and plans to issue an updated statement.
- EF2 damage confirmed in the Reece City area of Etowah County with max winds of 115 mph.
- EF2 damage confirmed just northwest of Sayre, Ala. in north Jefferson County with max winds of 125 mph.
- EF1 tornado with winds of 100 mph touched down in Tuscaloosa County northeast of the city of TUscaloosa.
- EF1 tree damage ws found on the east side of Lake Tuscaloosa tracking northeast.
This is a developing story. Check back for more updates.
- Workout Wednesday: Training with a jump rope provides multiple heath benefits
- Baker schools superintendent retires
- Saints looking to find more ways to feed Alvin Kamara the ball
- American, United Airlines to furlough 32,000 workers without federal bailout agreement
- La. lawmakers consider oversight over governor’s emergency reins