BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — The Ochsner Health Center on O’Neal in Baton Rouge has expanded its cardiology diagnostics program after more patients have presented with heart issues after contracting COVID-19. The expansion is part of a $4.8 million renovation project at that location.
The diagnostics center now includes more equipment and capacity for echocardiograms, stress echocardiograms and vascular ultrasounds, allowing patients to receive faster diagnoses and a quicker response in treating heart issues, according to Ochsner spokesperson Daryl Cetnar.
Dr. Bahij Khuri, a cardiologist at Ochsner, said ongoing research indicates that the coronavirus can impact the heart, lungs and other vital organs.
Khuri said anyone who is having heart issues should talk to a doctor.
“It’s much easier to treat problems early, rather than waiting and having these problems become worse and possibly affecting other vital systems,” Khuri said.
To schedule an in-person or video appointment at Ochsner centers around the Baton Rouge area, click here or call (225) 761-5200.
- Baton Rouge leaders, law enforcement creating solutions to prevent summer crime spike
- Meet Mackie, Companion Animal Alliance’s dog of the week
- Mother speaks out after autopsy photos of her son are released
- Florida double-murder suspect who acted as own attorney found guilty: ‘I did kill Kenyatta Barron’
- Oregon deputy kills pet chimp after owner reports attack